It is finally happening, JPEGmini has now started its journey to optimizing video content!
It all started by helping photographers by minimizing the size of JPEG files, and now it is time to move on to video.
The entire JPEGmini team has been working hard towards our new release and is ecstatic to start this adventure together. JPEGmini focuses our R&D on user feedback, making it a priority to understand the needs of creators. We had an overwhelming request for optimizing video content and so here we are with our first version!
Without further ado, here are the details for JPEGmini Pro 3.3 :
Our JPEGmini app will now provide one place for both image and video optimization
- Video support is as easy as drag and drop
- This update is available now to all JPEGmini Pro 3 users and above
- Optimization time will vary. Video tends to take longer when compared to JPEG files
Supporting all video formats is a heavy task, that is why we are starting with the most common format, H.264 (AVC).
- You can expect up to 50% file size reduction on video files – 30% on average
- Quality and playability stays the same, same as with JPEGs
Many technical details go into JPEGmini’s optimization process. We created an in-depth article to give you a glimpse behind the scenes :
We believe our new version has the potential to help many more creators through their workflow. We are still in the process of understanding videographers’ needs and are eager to hear feedback from our users. Feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions.
We hope you are as excited as we are to start this journey to a lighter video load!